What did U do to your G-body today??

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Welll, got the heads together for my kids Cutlass,,,,,before installing the heads, decided to prime the short block and noticed that the oil is coming out of all the lifters on the drivers side great BUT getting nothing out of the passenger side lifters :shock: pulled the last lifter out by cyl. 8 and the oil just trickles out of the hole in the block,,,IM CONFUSED???? Anyone have an answer...........

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
#-o I just figured out what is wrong,,,,,, I could not find my priming tool so I borrowed 1 from my neighbor, It was a "home made" 1, I questioned him about it because it is a piece of solid rod with a collar welded to the bottom, he said that is all he ever uses [-X ,,,well that was the problem, I ended up finding my priming tool and bingo,,,,oil to all the lifters! I guess the "proper" tool for the job will always work correctly...................

The borrowed 1 does not block off this hole, redirecting the oil...........

This is the tool I have......

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Switched out my fixed fan to a clutch fan

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Finished installing my shifter. Now its time to find new homes for the gauges. Or buy a racepak ;-)

20130811_190851.jpg

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Picked up this last night...
20130811_213041.jpg

My tires, nitrous pressure switch, and uca buckets should be here this week.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
put tags on her saturday & drove it around then down to the local meet. drove it sunday everywhere as well. drove to work today changed the belts & cut out the pellet cat and slapped a turbo muffler on it...sounds ok. Even ordered mufflers for when i do a nice, mandrel-bent dual exhaust also.

malibuwgn80

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2003
Scappoose, OR
s23.photobucket.com
Finished some wiring. Added trans fluid & filled the cooling & fuel system and fired it up.

Start up video

Last edited by a moderator:

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
removed and painted the drivers side rear tail light plastic bessel (or whatever the H ell its called) anyway, one side was grey, the other black..now their both black.. (right side had been replaced and was black..looked better then the grey IMO), I also spray bombed the license plate holder/assemby..low gloss black..LOL

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts