What did U do to your G-body today??

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
I took mine to a car show fri night with about 60-70 cars and to a cruise in sat afternoon with 3-500 cars rolling through... I was planning on building something else (blown pro street truck) but after this weekend i think i will keep it... I was asked several times what kind of car or is that a malibu, i haven't seen one of those in years...

Fri night there was 2 MCSS at the show and sat i was the only g body at the cruise in... So that is cool, i was the only malibu to be seen with 500+ cars...

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I just got back from Indy last night for FDIC...

Today was all day bomber Malibu. I got mad because the bench seat I had would not clear the door bars of the cage, they were at a goofy angle and not welded in correctly (one on pass side to frame, to a fish plate/floor on drivers side)....So, whats a guy to do? WHACKed em out with a sawzall. Viola' the bench fits, bolted right up. I looked at race buckets, but, this was/is a bench car and making mounts seemed lame. So, bench it is. Then came another couple of passes on an offending pass side lower control arm bracket. Ta freakin Da, the Hokker 2455's now fit. The pass side slips in fron the ender side. Kick out oil pan clears. Starter clears. I pulled the proportioning valve and ground the bolt tabs and mounts down flush with body and have almost a 1/4 inch on the driver's side. You do have to tilt the motor up off the mount about 3.5-4 inches then it slips in from the top. I had already shaved the lower control arm mount for it. So, no dented tubes, no contact...on stock mounts. Slid in a TH400 core (for the header fitment) and Iceman crossmember. Will do some more plumbing, and decide what manual brake set-up I am gonna run.

I did get the e85 fuel plumbing done, need to hit the salvage for a nice ISO relay block to mount up for wiring up the nitrous and fuel pump like I did for the orange car....88-98 pick-up/Suburban seemed to have a nice one.

Unrelated to malibus, other than sharing some parts, I also started on my '99 S-10 Blazer....four door, two wheel drive....I extracted the 4.3 that ejected a rod...now comes a Vortec 5.7 from a 98 Suburban...supposed to fit, F-body LT1 manifolds...JTR motor mounts...looks like it will. I'll take pics of both.

You guys have a good one!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
NOT A DAMN THING FOR COUPLE MONTHS NOW. HAD TO TAKE A BREAK FROM IT AND FROM GETTING THINGS FOR IT....

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
I ordered a compressor, evaporator, orifice tube and accumulator for the Monte. All the parts should be here Monday at which I will install them as time comes. My ac works at the moment but leaks slowly and the compressor cycles too quickly.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
hopefully finishing up the interior tonight and possibly hearing it run again :D love ticking off the neighbors who dont speak english \:D/

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
got my new pioneer speakers today, tossed them in the wagon and i'm much happier

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Installed the rear sway bar and stay down license plate bracket I got from Timo22. Bar looks great now I have to clean up and paint the rear suspension to match.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts