What did U do to your G-body today??

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
oldschool said:
Looks great, what is the wheel/tire sizes ?

Fronts are 15x4 1.625 back space. Tires are 26-6-15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R's

Rears are 15x8 4.5 back space. 275-60-15 Hoosier Pro Radials.

And it does not fit without rubbing in the back. Not tucking it as far as I did. It rubs on both the frame on the inside and the wheel lip on the outside. I trimmed the wheel lips to clear, and will be notching the frame as soon as the body comes back off. Im not sure how guys run a true 275 pro radial on stock wells/frame and not rub if they want to tuck it.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
rodneypierce said:
oldschool said:

Fronts are 15x4 1.625 back space. Tires are 26-6-15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R's

And it does not fit without rubbing in the back. Not tucking it as far as I did. It rubs on both the frame on the inside and the wheel lip on the outside. I trimmed the wheel lips to clear, and will be notching the frame as soon as the body comes back off. Im not sure how guys run a true 275 pro radial on stock wells/frame and not rub if they want to tuck it.

Let me start out by saying your car looks great...Love the color...

I asked about the size because in the bottom pic it looks like the front's are bigger (wheels) I have street tires 275s on a 15x8 in the back with a rolled lip with a 1" plus clearence on either side...I am mini tubbing and notching the frame and putting a 15x10 with (IDK) 295s or as big as i can fit, and 16,17X7 in the front to get the car leveled out...I have a buddy with some 315/60s i can get dirt cheap but i think they are to big...

454mali

Dragway Regular
Jan 26, 2006
Cleveland OH
rodneypierce said:
oldschool said:

They don't, I have the same setup on mine basically (4" bs but rear is 1/2" narrower per side. Frame is notched and wheel wells are re-shaped with a bfh and it is tight with the old 275 mickey radials on an 8" rim. I do have about 3/4" of the lips left so i can run the wheel well trim. Have 1/8-1/4 clearance on outside and maybe 3/8" on the inside. No rubbing though.

V8 Rumble

Frequent Racer
Oct 14, 2009
Brookfield, CT
Doober said:
Y'know I was going to pull the sending unit out of mine, but the lock ring was getting so beat up from trying to remove it, I just let it be.

If you take out the lock ring you should probably change out the oring too. They are 4 to 6 bucks at a parts store. I had to get the sock from the dealer since parts stores don't carry them.

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
you all had better day than I did,my motor throwing coolant out right bank exhaust and filling oil pan with coolant too..cant wait to tear down see what broke..

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
Yesterday I removed the front right fender to make a better adjustment on new door shell. To day I welded the trim holes, since I don't want trim on the lower half. I was able to get it re installed.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Got it out of storage and drove it home tonight. Felt good! Now to fix a leaking water pump, and while I'm at it install a new t-stat and aluminum radiator. I'm sure there are other I need to do but those are on top of the list for now.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts