What did U do to your G-body today??

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
Firetruck1 said:
Not my Monte but here is last nights track outing. Well I finally made it to the track last night with the blazer. I just went to get comfortable with the new power. Do some burnouts, maybe see how it leaves. Test the transbrake, just test. No hero passes, no best of, no crazy ####. Well that went right to #### on the first pass. I unloaded, teched in and went to the lane. In the land, my passengers side window fell out of the track, ####! Went up did a good burnout. Everything felt great. I lined it up in the beams, cut a .055 light foot brakeing it from a idle. Not to bad I'm thinking. See my light stab it and the front end comes up. No worries I'm thinking, after all I can still see the end of the rack over the hood. ####, it keeps coming up, now the tree line and the grand stands fall under the view of the hood and side windows, I'm ####! I attempt my first effort at a peddle job and slams back to earth. I get back in it and run a 11.54 at 120 short shifting at 5,000 and letting off at 1000 foot mark. On the rear tire, it cut a 1.562 60 footer. None of these numbers tell the tale but it does show I have a animal on my hands.

One more thing, as far as chassis settings: Shocks, springs, limiters, even the three year old tires, I changed nothing from how it was set up to run 12.2 at 109.

Well it turns out from initial inspection, my fender gap opened up about a 1/2 inch, my wheels are both back in the opening, the lower arms appear pushed back, the starters is on the frame, the mid plate is tacoed and who know what else I will find when it comes apart for repairs.

http://s619.photobucket.com/user/fir...b1554.mp4.html <----- Video Link

Repair start tomorrow.

Well that sucks, hope the damage isn't to bad... The vid doesn't work...

Last edited by a moderator:

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida

Last edited by a moderator:

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Been working on the Monte Carlo like crazy. Got the motor set in and brakes plumbed. Just waiting for wiring and fuel line to come via the UPS.
Enjoy.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
Just clamped my front bumper on to see how it look's..I will remove the whole front end and re-align the doors and fenders this weekend

20140522_215043.jpg

malibuwgn80

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2003
Scappoose, OR
s23.photobucket.com
Installed TRZ Coil over kit.

imagejpg1_zps469a4264.jpg

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
I started rebuilding the stock/worn out Buick GN rear I just bought. Everything outside is rusted solid. Everything inside is worn out. This may take a while!

I also got my MT drag radials installed (bolted to the old 7.5 rear for now, since the GN rear isn't ready for prime time yet). Waiting for my UMI LCAs to arrive. Might make a run or two like that on the old rear, fully expecting it to grenade, before I stuff the GN rear under it.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
Cars running! tonight it gets a new intake gasket and some tuning! videos will follow!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts