MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Wow, that's looks great!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I reattached the rod between the passenger outer door handle and the latch... now it opens from the outside again... yay.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
nice work melloelky! you're right....a shame it won't be visible! you'll have to throw a mirror underneath it when you park somewhere. lol.

i've made a little progress with my car. the rearend is back together, and i've now moved on to getting the steering shaft re-routed to clear the BBC that's going in the car. i have the steering column in place, and ready to be cut to length....just need the rest of my parts to show up so i can assemble everything.

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
I gave it a new red top optima and started if for the first time in 4 months.

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
I found another 81 2dr body. im gonna put another vortec headed small block in it.. \:D/

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
About to start cutting on my new gas tank I got for my wagon. Putting an Aeromotive Stealth 200 fuel pump setup in there, but the top of the tank has nowhere nice to drill the 3 1/4" hole. So...making a nice 6"X6" flat spot where I can do this, leaving plenty of room for the fittings and hose connections. It'll be nice...just hope my welding skills didn't get too rusty over the winter!

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
I have a pile of parts $6000 deep to include the new FiTech Mean Street , AFR Magnum Oval Ports, Stroker kit to make it a 489 and I am going to a Pro Touring stance and I'm done with just a drag car. Getting read to start my final build ... I hope.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Ive thought about my cars today...does that count? Lol

I ordered new remflex gaskets so I can install my headers I built for the 229 that was in the 82 and Ill be installing them on the 83.

I have not decided how I am doing the exhaust yet...

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Temps were about 30 degrees above normal, so in went the Optima battery, and out came the BBC Bu for a joy ride. Forgot how fast it was! Just cruising to my brother's house, along came a Trailblazer SS that sounded nasty. He egged me on, and not driving the car for a few months, I thought "why not?" Dropped from 4th to 2nd, nailed it, and passed him spinning the tires, going slightly sideways the whole time! Speedo isn't hooked up, but safe to say I was doing slightly above the 45mph speed limit, lol. Next light, he rolled the window down, and said, Man, that thing's fast!" I said if I could drive it in a straight line, it might be faster! :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts