What did U do to your G-body today??

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I took the 78 El Camino down town to gas it up. The speedometer didn't work, so l need to take it apart and find the problem. I planned to check out my cruise control, but that'll have to wait until I solve this problem.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I repainted the tailgate on my 78 El Camino, with John Deere Blitz Black. My friends pushed it with a four wheeler when they helped out the transmission in it. When I tried doing it last fall, it stayed flat instead of satin. I'll have to see how it works this time.

AVENGER79

Daily Driver
Oct 22, 2018
last night, took out the old steering box and pitman arm. found out the rag joint is riveted in so that will wait till the weekend. then I can put in the new manual steering box from borgeson. did have to go buy a freakin whopper of a socket in order to put the pitman arm back on. 1 5/16 or 33mm depending on your tastes

AVENGER79

Daily Driver
Oct 22, 2018
I took the 78 El Camino down town to gas it up. The speedometer didn't work, so l need to take it apart and find the problem. I planned to check out my cruise control, but that'll have to wait until I solve this problem.
aren't old cars fun? LOL

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I bought a new battery charger and trying to charge the battery on my 78 El Camino. The old charger read out that it was charged but car wouldn't turn over at all. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to tell if it works.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!