Wheel tubs up front...

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Really my issue isn't so much tire height/travel, they're only about 25½" tall. It becomes an issue when the wheels turn, because the stock wheel wells are more of an odd semi-spherical shape as opposed to being semi-cylindrical, which would take care of all my tire clearance issues where the wheel well is concerned. Fender clearance on the other hand, if I went with aftermarket tubs I could probably roll the lip of the front fender and get more clearance that way as well.

MalibuMan1979

Frequent Racer
Aug 17, 2008
flint, (lapeer), michigan
hey doob. how bout this. i've been thinking old school. those welded inner fenders brought it back.
picture this.
g body malibu. welded up, (or fiberglass front), front end. hood to fenders, inner fenders, ect., on a tilt front end. tube straight axle, (with unisteer rack), headers over the frame, blown bbc or sbc. gasser style.
whatta think?
on a malibu.
sweet

383S10

Frequent Racer
Feb 29, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Doober what you are talking about was done on a very early episode of "Muscle Car" tv....they used steel tubs cut in half to create front inner fenders deep enough for little wider turning radius.....the exact episode escapes me but maybe someone else here might remember it also......

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
383S10 said:
Doober what you are talking about was done on a very early episode of "Muscle Car" tv....they used steel tubs cut in half to create front inner fenders deep enough for little wider turning radius.....the exact episode escapes me but maybe someone else here might remember it also......
i saw that,it was trailer fenders they used.

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
Just like the pics I posted awhile ago in this thread

MalibuMan1979

Frequent Racer
Aug 17, 2008
flint, (lapeer), michigan
Doober said:
I'm not sure about the tilt front end, but have you seen the black gasser Malibu that somebody built?

no but i'd love to see it....
i saw a early-mid monte carlo with a tilt front. clean as could be. the only think i didn't like about it is it had a areo scoop on the hood. just didn't like it.
if you find some pics of the gasser malibu, i would be very, VERY, interested.
thanks doob

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts