Wheel tubs!?

Jackstand

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 6, 2003
KANSAS CITY, MO
that would be pretty low...

for the rear
you will have to notch the frame for the axle.. like a car with air ride. Also would need to cut out the trunk floor for the upper contol arm mounts (mine already hits) full tubs will be must. Other things to look at would be the trunk hinge boxes and the actual 1/4 panel clearance with a 28" tall tire tucked way up there

im not sure what you would have to do in the front 3 more inches there you wont have much susp travel not to mention the frame. the inner part of the front finders would have to be cut out.

gstock8732

Dragway Regular
Jan 21, 2009
Jersey
Thanks jackstand.. I was figuring that the whole trunk pan should be removed. Are there any drawbacks aside from loss of suspension travel upfront that would hinder the performance of it being that low. What did u do as far as suspension wise?

Jackstand

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 6, 2003
KANSAS CITY, MO
gstock8732 said:
Thanks jackstand.. I was figuring that the whole trunk pan should be removed. Are there any drawbacks aside from loss of suspension travel upfront that would hinder the performance of it being that low. What did u do as far as suspension wise?

front is trz arms and qa1 coil overs with old f-body spindels

rear is stock susp mointing points with JPF control arms and qa1 shocks.. mini tubs. moser 9" that has been narrow 7/8 on each side.

gstock8732

Dragway Regular
Jan 21, 2009
Jersey
Thanks Mann. I think that sounds good. Might try that route.

G-Body King

Amateur Racer
Apr 12, 2009
EGV IL.
luv2xlr8 said:
every thing is stock. i run an 8 inch rim . my 295/50/15 are firestone radial tires and my 275/50/15 are bfg drag radials. all i did was roll the lip on the fender well . i left just enough that i can still run my wheel trim
What type of back spacing are u running?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts