who is running a spool??

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
it comes down to $$$ really. do you want to spend $500+ on a locker or do you want to spend $150-$200 on a spool? the locker would be my first choice if $$$ was no concern...but i'm broke. so, i have a spool. i don't drive the car much at all though. it goes around town for quick 10-15 min drives and then i take it to the track.

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
my car goes to car shows, downtown and to the track. I dont daily drive it, so im' thinking a spool may be the way to go. $$ is a problem right now big time.

dev1360

Frequent Racer
Dec 22, 2006
East Alton, IL
I've got a chrystler 8.75 with 35 spline mosers and a spool. No problems, the only time i can tell its there is when i back out of the driveway. Or when i have to push the damn thing in a tight turn lol

ProJunk

Dragway Regular
Sep 12, 2006
Glendale, AZ
Spool all the way. Cheap, simple, strong, & effective. Totally streetable. You're not building a corner-carver or something you're going to take out on a road course. For a street/strip car, a spool is the only thing I would consider using. The one thing you want to make sure you check when using a spool is tire circumference (you should check this anyway). A lot of tires vary quite a bit in circumference. If one rear tire is taller than the other, two things are going to happen when you're using a spool:

1) The taller tire is going to wear very rapidly.

2) The taller tire is going to push the car towards the right or the left depending on which side it's on. It may not even be noticeable under normal low-speed driving conditions, but can cause serious problems under power, especially at the track or on a really well-prepped street where the car hooks.

A

Anonymous

I have run one in my 79 camaro with a 8.5" for the last 5 years without any trouble, and I am running 31 spline moser axles and ford housing ends.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts