Wiper Delay install

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
I'm in the process of converting to delay wipers I have a newer style column with the delay on the column and am going to eliminate the switch on the dash,I hooked up the used delay wiper motor to test it except for the delay wire and it doesn't work ,do I need the delay wire for it to work properly or could I have a bad used motor? also is there any relay or anything that needs to be installed between the blue wire from stalk to motor? thanks.

A

Anonymous

unclepudge said:
I'm in the process of converting to delay wipers I have a newer style column with the delay on the column and am going to eliminate the switch on the dash,I hooked up the used delay wiper motor to test it except for the delay wire and it doesn't work ,do I need the delay wire for it to work properly or could I have a bad used motor? also is there any relay or anything that needs to be installed between the blue wire from stalk to motor? thanks.

You will need the all the correct wiring to the motor.
If i remember right The delay module and pulse relay are on the motor assy. so there
is no other relays etc. needed.
It's been awhile since I did that same swap but thats How I remember it worked.

Rick

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Hey Rick, thanks for the info will try to run the blue wire tonight and see what happens?

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
Maybe this will help you too.

PulseWiperDiagram001.jpg

A

Anonymous

unclepudge said:
Hey Rick, thanks for the info will try to run the blue wire tonight and see what happens?

No prob, let me know how it works out.

Rick

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Hey guys sorry for the delay lots of projects going on ,what I found is from the existing switch I have 4 wires gray,purple,pink and black which I assume is for ground? and on the stalk side I have green,grey,purple,pink and white? not sure what the green and white control would assume all the others match to there respective colors? sorry but I'm far from an electrician and diagram is a little confusing,is one of the other wires for the delay or the cruise control in the stalk? thanks.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts