Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
Re:

basketcase said:
388bu said:
wiseman79 said:
Carb, will be using the RPM intake with the Edelbrock (MSD) controller.
What?! Dont be skerred! Do EFI! :p

I don't understand why everyone takes technology (Gen III/IV engines) and back-dates them with a carb!
I don't know a way to run my 200-4r with a factory fi setup. These engines carb'd are still a big step up from a carb'd gen I motor.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Subscribed :)

X2 on what Craig said, it'd be a pretty easy swap runnin' the 2004R.

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
388bu said:
From a computer standpoint, just program it for a manual trans and then do the usual to get the 2004R to work.
I don't know of a way to make the throttle valve work for that trans.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
youll just need to rig up a throttle "TV", which controls the shift, and then wire up a switch for the lock-up converter, if you have one. other then the lock-up, there are no electronics needed for the r4

or for a few $ you can get a Constant Pressure Valve Body.

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
I'll google the constant pressure valve, I'm not really familiar with that. My thought process that led me to my decision is based on the need for the following...

1: A custum lenth TV cable (do these exist?)
2: Bracketry for the throttle body to actuate the TV cable (This could be fabbed, but would require careful attention to the travel characteristics that the cable should experience with a carb and translating those to the fabbed brackets)

So, those two things dissuaded me from FI. If anyone has any solutions, or thinks of another hurdle that I'm forgetting, please share :-k

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I'm not sure if they are all the same, but on my TB, there is a stud for the cruise control (I'm guessing). You could connect here. The geometry may not be correct, but you could tack weld an extension if necessary to correct that. My truck intake also has a bracket with a slot for an additional cable. See below:
throttle%20cable.jpg

Here's the correct geometry for the TV cable connection:
gm_tv_fig2.gif

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
what he said^^^ My TB has 2 studs, and plenty of metal to drill another stud if you need a little more adjustment for the cable.

I wouldnt let a cable change my mind.... FI with a 200r4 would be a smooth ride and very good on gas.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts