290 HP Crate Heads

maliburon

Frequent Racer
Dec 14, 2009
Long Island, New York
If I am not mistaken it is just the 2 center bolt holes on each side that are at a slightly different angle. Nothing a little careful drill work can,t handle. Vortec heads are definitely the way to go.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
maliburon said:
If I am not mistaken it is just the 2 center bolt holes on each side that are at a slightly different angle. Nothing a little careful drill work can,t handle. Vortec heads are definitely the way to go.
'87-'95 heads are like this, the ports are the same shape/size as the older heads though. Vortecs are taller and my understanding is standard ports require too much cutting to get them to match a Vortec head.

Shawn F.

Amateur Racer
Jan 18, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thanks for the advice guys! I will probably just wait and save up for the Vortecs then. I pulled off some 80's type crate emissions heads off this 355 that i have now and they were 75cc heads but didn't want to reuse emissions heads because IMO they are total junk and killing my performance. If I can go Vortec and roller rockers I will be much happier in the end. If I could go LT4 roller cam on top of that I would be even happier but I wont push it that far haha. dancin_banana.gif
Thanks!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts