6.0 motor and transmission are in!!! - NOW A STICKY

78Bu88SS

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Hey man, any word on the headers yet? They show up?

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
Mine did but my motor is still apart......

78Bu88SS

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Did you go with the same mounts? I'm itching to do a fuel injected 6.0 swap using the transdapt adapter plates and stock mounts, Moroso pan and pickup, and a Speartech computer and standalone harness, oh and the Scholfield headers.

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
I had them, but they are in his car.... I had a few sets he tested to see what fit best.

78Bu88SS

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Stangboy said:
I had them, but they are in his car.... I had a few sets he tested to see what fit best.

Do you happen to know what part number they are? Schoenfield lists a few different numbers on their site.

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
Just call Doug and he can tell you what he has. Nice guy, tell him the guys from Elizabethtown sent you.. I had mine in 2 days. Their site is a little off.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Looks awesome :D I'm glad to see another Gen III motor in a G-body. I'm also kinda curious (if anyone else knows please chime in), do the stock manifolds have any fitment issues? I read some time ago that the Vette manifolds (at least) are pretty good on power, but I'm not sure what level they start becoming a restriction. I've been doing some reading on the LS1 in general over @ LS1Tech, and I think it's my new direction for what I want to eventually do with mine as well (I didn't realize how inexpensive the motors are).

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
Just a update, I work lot and lazy as well car should have been done but its not...Headers didn't work...Well they worked fine on the driver's side, but passengers was no chance...I'm having a friend make the pass. side header for me...Also had to modify the crossmember mount in the center, where the stud on the transmission mount hangs down, just had to extend the flat piece on the crossmember..The motor mounts have thrown everything off...All camaro access. are on now as well...

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
Sounds like a easy swap.That's what i was hoping for when i star mine this winter.roller406bu that thing looks awesome,great job man!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Doober said:
....I think it's my new direction for what I want to eventually do with mine as well (I didn't realize how inexpensive the motors are).

What seems to be the price range?

Thanks

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts