94 rear brake conversion?

86_442_Cutty

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2010
RatMalibu said:
if you go with the LS1 brakes and decide you need the parking brake to work this might help..... http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=95505

Hey Mat cool brackets you made there. Would you be into making some for me? Of coarse I would pay for them!
I do want and need the e brakes. But I don't have the time or the source to make my own. Also how did you mount your brake backing plate? Did you do it where the calipers are pointed toward the front part of the wheel weld or the facing the back of the wheel weld. If that make any since to you. I ask because I mounted the backing plates like I pulled them off the 99 camaro I found them on, with the caliper facing the front wheel. I also want to ask you what do as far as the brake lines? Did you buy them from a local parts store or did you buy them online?

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )
mine are mounted facing the front of the car. Appx the 10 o'clock position from the DS with the wheel off. Sorry for the crappy cell pics. I used the rubber brake lines that came with the calipers, and cut and welded tabs to the axle housing to mount the hose to. I also ran a new hard line and bent them 90 deg at the end to screw into the caliper hose.

17-07-10_0808.jpg

17-07-10_0806.jpg

this one is the PS
17-07-10_0809.jpg

86_442_Cutty

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2010
axisg said:
mine are mounted facing the front of the car. Appx the 10 o'clock position from the DS with the wheel off. Sorry for the crappy cell pics. I used the rubber brake lines that came with the calipers, and cut and welded tabs to the axle housing to mount the hose to. I also ran a new hard line and bent them 90 deg at the end to screw into the caliper hose.

17-07-10_0808.jpg

17-07-10_0806.jpg

this one is the PS
17-07-10_0809.jpg

Wow your phone takes better pictures then mine! Looking at your pics, I feel at ease cause I mounted mine the same way you have yours set up. Great pics with your phone brotha! Soon as I learn how to post pics up onhere, I'll post some up this weekend when and if I get to go work on my ride. Hey are you gonna use your e brakes? Cause I saw some pics of some guys set up and they made their own brackets for the e brakes and stuff and it's no way I can make my own but I need my e brakes to work some how.........

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts