Air bag pressure?

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Malibu355 said:
How much pressure are you guys running in your bags? What is a good starting point because this might be depending on the car I guess?

just curious...are you running them with rear trick springs by any chance? just doing some research.

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
guess the question is what shocks are you running in the rear..??? are they a 3-way or multi adj.??

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
I am running them with stock springs and junk stock style shocks. I have no issues hooking up, i just bought these to help with some of the twist.

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
Malibu355 said:
I am running them with stock springs and junk stock style shocks. I have no issues hooking up, i just bought these to help with some of the twist.

throw 20lbs in the right rear..or air it up till the car starts to raise a fuzz and no more.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
It will help with the twist. I used them on my car cause the passenger side spring was sagging. I put about 18 lbs on the passenger side and about 8lbs in the other bag just fill it up. I also used CE 3 way adjustable shocks. The bags helped alot but you may want to look into getting springs cause the bags are just a band aid and you need to keep an eye on the air pressure.

scuba_steve's_bu

Frequent Racer
Apr 9, 2009
Rock Rapids, Iowa
i only run one on the passenger side and about 15-18 lbs?

Garage Hound

Frequent Racer
Jun 22, 2005
Independence, MO
WOW. You guys are running these things pretty stiff. I tried mine that high once and the car wouldn't hardly squat into the launch and was all over the place.

My suggestion for a starting point: 7.5 lbs DS / 12.0 lbs PS then test, check psi, test, check psi, etc.

Above is using CE 3-ways and stock (new) springs w/ 13.5 lbs in the MT Drag Radials.

Best for my set-up anyway.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts