Blow thru Carb Advice needed

A

Anonymous

I am in need of a new blow thru carb, I am making about 8 lbs of boost and I am thinking of buying a mighty Demon Blow thru. My question is has anyone used these and how did you like them. My car is a street first and strip car every once in a while. 355 cid Stock heads 8.5 to 1 Comp the cam is not a blower cam 280H Dur 485 lift 108 lobe center Edlebrock rpm intake and a 650 cfm DP. I have the HI-6TRC Ingition system Running 2 degrees retard to 1 lbs of boost running 36 degrees of total timming before boost. Th350 and 3200 stall flashed from 2800. And now the bad part a 7.5 rear with 2.41 gears open non posi. Car is 3550 lbs with driver. The 650 demon and the 750 demon are the same price I was wondering if I should go up to the 750 as I am planning going with better heads and intake a little later. Will the 750 be alright on what I have now until I get the better heads? I also bought a small Intercooler for it 2.5 inlets same as my blower outlet going to put it on soon as well. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks in advance Danny

Here are the carbs I am talking about.

http://www.barrygrant.com/news/articles/products/product_015.aspx

A

Anonymous

Hey, on my blown 489 i have aruond 8 lbs of boost with a 871 blower running 2 Barry Grant Blower 800cfm Carbs. I aws gonna go with the Crane 6000-6466 hi 6rtc box but went with msd 6btm instead.

what kind of supercharger do you have?

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
Blower carb and BLOW-THRU carbs are vastly different. I have yet to see someone "bolt on" a BG. Sure they are cheaper than the CSU and C&S but no where near the same.
If you are buying a carb CSU &/or C&S. DIY @ http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html and mod your own.

You haven't said what size motor or how much hp you are looking for, so as for carb size?????
I have seen a 650 support near 1k and a 4150 based carb support over 2K, carb sizing is very different than N/A.

A

Anonymous

Robert1320: The engine is a 355 cid and real world hp I'm hoping for is around 500 hp. This is a real mild easy on parts street car. Really anything between 450hp and 500hp would be great.

Roughskinjrz: Its a Vortech V-1 in S-Trim Supercharger

A

Anonymous

I tried going to the link and it wasn't working.

SSmonte408

Amateur Racer
Jun 19, 2007
otisville, Michigan
or you can go to theturboforums.com and look up a guy named blownshovel, he usually has one for sale for a great price. I got mine from him and it works great. good luck.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
SSmonte408 said:
or you can go to theturboforums.com and look up a guy named blownshovel, he usually has one for sale for a great price. I got mine from him and it works great. good luck.

or X2 Walt does a great budget carb. Or can mod your carb.

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
My car has been at the race shop since october to have the suspension set up on scales and a base tune on the engine since I have O boost experience I finnaly picked it up sat had to winch it on the trailer wouldnt hardly run got home did the hanger mods on the carb and now it starts runs idles and I can reve it up some spent 45 minuits on the hole deal. Thanks for the link I will be working on the tune a little more this week..

I gota find a new shop to use.....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts