Blow thru Carb Advice needed

A

Anonymous

yeah its getting him to do one I've been asking for one for 3 mo and now I'm buying someone elses. no biggie I guess.

A

Anonymous

thats what i've heard so I am looking at them now, thx

A

Anonymous

i built my own using a 750 double pumper, all i did was remove the secondary pv and put solid floats in it. also drilled out the pvcr holes behind the primary pv to .088. factory is .053 i beleive. you can build a blowthrough carb for way cheaper than it costs to buy one. :D

Overkill

Daily Driver
Apr 27, 2009
Damascus, MD
CSU builds a great blow thru, all I had to do was adjust the idle and thats it.

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT BUY A BARRY GRANT CARBURETOR :evil: I bought 2 575 speed demon carbs from them. I bolted the first one on my mustang and the second on my brothers mustang. neither carb would idle right or drive right. I pulled my carb off and removed the front bowl. much to my surprise I found chunks of aluminum inside the bowl. I spent three hours cleaning and blowing the pieces of aluminum out of the metering blocks, boosters, and main body. the most expensive $500 chunk of aluminum I ever bought. dont even get me started on the tech service at barry grant](*,)

sdime89

Daily Driver
Feb 8, 2010
Marydel,MD
Well has anyone used a proform blow through i have used a demon and i loved it. grate right out the box but i guess some will be messed up

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
I've heard too many people complaining about the quality control and customer service from Barry Grant. There's no way I'll ever buy one knowing that you have to tear them down before you even bolt them on to make sure they aren't going to trash your engine with aluminum shavings.

sdime89

Daily Driver
Feb 8, 2010
Marydel,MD
Yea well none that i used were blow thru maybe i got lucky lol but has anyone used the pro form blow thru? or you think it would be better to do your own mod to a carb for blow thru

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
I have a proform on mine did the hanger mods. still working on the tuning but the carb seems to be working fine just ran out of good weather to test and tune...
not to mention a new baby

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts