BLOW THROUGH TUNNER IN DFW?

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
I am looking for an experienced dyno tuner for blow through aplication in the dallas area or fairly close. I have a small block with an f1r that is wearing me out. None of the guys I race with have any experience and niether do I. I would rather spend the money to have someone help me tune it than guess at a bunch of expensive parts replacing and going to the track and trial and error until I get it right or worse break somthing.

sheldonw

Weekend Racer
Apr 13, 2008
i just went throught the same thing dialing my car with a f1a on a 350 with 20psi.

There are not a lot of people doing the blowthrough stuff in my area but i just stuck with it and finally got it running pretty good, there is a fine line between being way too rich to way too lean. invest in a wideband and wire index drill bits the hardest part is finding a stretch of road you can get into long enough to see whats going on

sheldonw

Weekend Racer
Apr 13, 2008
what carb are u running? im running a quick fuel q750 ban, bigger idle air bleed smaller high speed air bleeds bigger idle feed restricters smaller primary jets bigger secondary jets, locked timing at 32 degs on 114 racegas and it reads 11.2 afr all the way down the track

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
Im have a wide band in it now but its all over the place I have read so much info on set up I have confused myself everything from boost referenced power valves to regular power valves to no power valves and timing and idle numbers squirtrs diference in jetting front to rear. finding the running area is killer, the track is only open so long and inevitably I dont have somthing I need while Im there. A dyno would be great. But your info helps... my timing is locked at the distributer but I have the boost referenced timing so I can back it out if I need to as the boost comes up. about where are you at on jet size and how much difference between front and rear and what are you doing about power valves what about fuel presure I have mine set at 9 coming up at 1:1? on the air bleeds and such I havent a clue wich ones due what or when to change them for what affect do you have some sort of refenece guide or where can I read up on that.

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
that sounds like a bit much for initial fuel pressure,we run our stuff with 6.5 static then 1:1 with boost.
who's carb are you running?
your main concern should be low rpm jetting/timing before you start the higher rpm stuff,as the low circuits will affect top end jetting to a point.
what compression/cam/fuel do you run? intercooled or non?

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
its a proform carb, pump gas, compresion is about 9:1 and yes its inercooled.

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
if it starts and idles good,move to the "main jet" tuning,thats your midrange. once you get those a/f in check then move on to the PV restrictors for WOT. its best to make a few short 300 ft hits when getting that circuit dialed.
with the pump gas,id be looking for mid to low 11s for a/f under boost

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
Ok that make since other than the 4 corner bleeds how detailed should I get on the bleed holes, on the power valve what do you use standard ones or do you do some kind of modification to them.

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
starfire350 said:
Ok that make since other than the 4 corner bleeds how detailed should I get on the bleed holes, on the power valve what do you use standard ones or do you do some kind of modification to them.
there are a bunch of mods to be done.it will definately need Boost Referenced Power Valves.if you have access to a dyno and a bunch of time/money for tuning,you can do it yourself. Myself,I buy my carbs done from c&s and they are super close out of the box,with minor tweaks only needed.
you may want to check out http://www.theturboforums.com if you havent been there yet.there is a whole sectin of that site dedicated to blowthroughs.

sheldonw

Weekend Racer
Apr 13, 2008
primary jets 74
pvcr 76
secondary jets 90
6.5" pv not referanced my combo did not like the boost ref at all
ifr's .0315
iab's .072
hsab's .033
primary squirt 0.028 brown cam
secondary squirt .033 pink cam
6.5 psi + 1:1 rising with boost

32 locked timing + 10 deg vac advance and 10 deg start retard

i have a boost retard but havent needed it yet start start your timing extra conservative like 22* and work up

let me know if i missed anything

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts