brace on rearend housing

bbaehr22x

Dragway Regular
Mar 21, 2005
North Ridgeville, ohio
prairiehotrodder said:
ya, i'd say there's a problem. And it did the same thing before you got the strange center?
brian

The first one that broke, broke a couple teeth off the ring and pinion. The second was about the same as the first, but it also broke the pinion support and the case. This is the first time it took all the teeth off the pinion only.

Talking to the metallurgist at work, we are thinking that the pinion was to brittle. I am considering bringing it into our heat treat lab and testing it, but I do now know what it should have for properties.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I don't think its the fault of the metal personally. I'm more leaning towards it being to loose or to tight or something to do with the assembly. If the backlash was to big it would strike hard everytime you launched. Just a guess. By any chance are your brakes to tight?
brian

bbaehr22x

Dragway Regular
Mar 21, 2005
North Ridgeville, ohio
prairiehotrodder said:
I don't think its the fault of the metal personally. I'm more leaning towards it being to loose or to tight or something to do with the assembly. If the backlash was to big it would strike hard everytime you launched. Just a guess. By any chance are your brakes to tight?
brian

I do not think the breaks are to tight, especially to cause that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts