Brake line routing

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
after doing some reading, i started realizing that i possibly hookep up my brake wrong last year...look at the pic.. i have front brakes runnin off rear port and back brakes off front....i did it wrong right????
MSD1.jpg

A

Anonymous

well that is how mine is setup cause i blew out both wheel cylinders lost all front fluid but still have fronts and there is fluid in the back

79wagonator

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2006
Long Island, NY
www.cardomain.com
Probably not. On my stock Bu the back resevoir goes to the smaller line which goes to the front discs and the front goes to a larger line for the rear drums. The older cast iron GM MCs had the large resevoir in the rear which always fed the front discs IIRC. Then again you have a manual setup so :-k
Dave 8)

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
yeah its a s10 master ...maybe it is right i just tend to over think stuff to much. im going to be gewtting the steel concepts piece here soon anyways, but just figured i would ask

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
79wagonator said:
Probably not. On my stock Bu the back resevoir goes to the smaller line which goes to the front discs and the front goes to a larger line for the rear drums. The older cast iron GM MCs had the large resevoir in the rear which always fed the front discs IIRC. Then again you have a manual setup so :-k
Dave 8)

I have the Master Power Brakes 1 1/8" power brakes master cylinder for disc/disc that's the older style like you mentioned. They told me to just reverse the lines when I install it. I don;t know if this would be wrong for disc/drum.

Tommy

79wagonator

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2006
Long Island, NY
www.cardomain.com
LS6 Tommy said:
79wagonator said:
Dave 8)

I have the Master Power Brakes 1 1/8" power brakes master cylinder for disc/disc that's the older style like you mentioned. They told me to just reverse the lines when I install it. I don;t know if this would be wrong for disc/drum.

Tommy
Sorry I m wrong on the MC apparently there were a few variations I just remember from my 80Z28 and 74 malibu that the resevoirs were large in rear for front brakes and small in front for rear brakes like 69 camaro pic below
69CamaroMC.jpg

from lookin @ other pics the older vettes had cast MCs w/same size resevoirs front and rear. and some other GMs had the larger resevoir in the front :? (I think trucks)
Id go by whatever the manufacturer says.
OOPs!

dave 8)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
79wagonator said:
LS6 Tommy said:
79wagonator said:
Dave 8)

Tommy
Sorry I m wrong on the MC apparently there were a few variations I just remember from my 80Z28 and 74 malibu that the resevoirs were large in rear for front brakes and small in front for rear brakes like 69 camaro pic below
69CamaroMC.jpg

from lookin @ other pics the older vettes had cast MCs w/same size resevoirs front and rear. and some other GMs had the larger resevoir in the front :? (I think trucks)
Id go by whatever the manufacturer says.
OOPs!

dave 8)

My master is a Vette master. It has the same size reservoirs front and back, but the lines are different sizes. The lines are what MPB told me to reverse. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Tommy

79wagonator

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2006
Long Island, NY
www.cardomain.com
Thats ok tommy. Im always confused confused_swirl.gif

A

Anonymous

Every dual resevoir master cylinder I have ever seen is set up like that. The rear brakes off the front resevoir and the front brakes off the rear resevoir. Even the HMMWV is like that. It is four wheel discs. Well...not realy wheel discs...the brakes are on the diff outputs...but you get the idea.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts