Brake line routing

coolAl357

Amateur Racer
Jul 18, 2005
central n.j.
brakes

Don't tell me now, that the large tube in front of the mc is for the rear. Mine a 1979 malibu I just hooked up the manual kit front tube to front disc's? Please tell me thats right! Al

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Actually Al, your other post on that topic is what made me think mine was wrong...LOL

coolAl357

Amateur Racer
Jul 18, 2005
central n.j.
brakes

Razor told me the front tube is for the front brakes is that right? if not I need to change everthing around Maybe travis knows He told me the front tube was for the front brakes. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks, Al

A

Anonymous

The bigger tube is for the rear brakes and the smaller line is for the front brakes on disc/drum cars. Also on the split master cyl. the bigger "tank" is for the front and the smaller is for the rear like mentioned above... Not sure who said it but thats how it is. The fronts need the extra fluid reserve because as the pads wear and the pistons move out it has too fill the void behind the caliper piston. The M/C's that have the "tanks" that are the same size are typically for disc/disc setups because it has 4 calipers that it has to fill up so to speak.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts