Feb 22, 2004
NJ
http://brphotrods.com/monte%20carlo%20LS1%20kit.html

saw this on LS1tech...

malibuplotter

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2005
layton utah
thats cool, i noticed it clears an fbody oilpan with no mods... would you think this would make a truck pan work as well? i can't remember what a truck pan looks like in comparison to an f bod.

A

Anonymous

a little pricey id say but probably worth the money to have the right angles and to use the fbody pan. My concern is how far back does it set the motor and will it clear the heater box?

A

Anonymous

malibuplotter said:
thats cool, i noticed it clears an fbody oilpan with no mods... would you think this would make a truck pan work as well? i can't remember what a truck pan looks like in comparison to an f bod.

truck pan is deeper and the beginning of the sump is farther back....fbody is like the truck pan only laid flat for ground clearance...

Bratly51

Dragway Regular
Dec 3, 2003
Joliet, IL
I asked them and they say that the Schoenfield headers do not fit.

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
nearly $500? you gotta be outa your mind. I would rather do it myself than to pay that much.
then again i dont have to worry about it clearing anything but the crossmember.

A

Anonymous

Anyone know how this kit works without modifying the f-body pan? Seems that if you place the engine far enough back so that the crossmember clears the pan then you will run into clearance issues with heat/AC. I see that Carshop has engine mount adapters that move the engine back 1" - do you suppose that these would allow f-body pan clearance in a g-body?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts