calling all alcoholics...considering running alky need help

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
Even so I'm getting screwed. 2.66 gas and 2.50 E-85 Heck it's gotta be at least 25-30% cheaper to be economical :-k

A

Anonymous

boyzbad said:
Even so I'm getting screwed. 2.66 gas and 2.50 E-85 Heck it's gotta be at least 25-30% cheaper to be economical :-k

yup your gas mileage will take around a 20 to 25% drop with E85 so you do the math

JUAN W

Dragway Regular
i gain almost .40 when i changed to alky, i think if everything is right you wont have problems with milky oil, here is the same weather than arizona so i am very happy with my car temp, personally i wont run on gas again.

ALKY

I ALWAYS said alky is for drinking to i went with it .me and my friends used 30 drums last year and no problems.we took the car out of the trailer to day has been setting with alky in it sence the middle of nov and it crank right up and ran like a champ i thank the only secret is to use a vac pump i use one of the elec corvette ones.i don't change oil but ever 70 passes. and run lube . i take my motors apart every 4 to 5 hundred passes three of the motors have over 1500 runs on them in alky .the bearings look great everytime.hope this atleast get u to try it . everybody has a say about it but try it for your self.rupert lives real close to me and he is a good friend and racer i like his stuff a lot but i have been useing some c and s and i really like them also.

A

Anonymous

JUAN W said:
i am very happy with my car temp, personally i wont run on gas again.

Same here Juan. I have no intent of ever running gas in another race car again.

A

Anonymous

i have a Holley mechanical fuel pump, an fittings, rubber and copper lines and no problems yet. of course i have only run the car in the yard not the track. unlike you Alky guys i run Methanol. it burns cooler, reduces engine temps, burns dry, etc.. i have top end lubricant on hand and some of that smell good additive to hide the Methanol smell. lol. i don't know a lot about Methanol or Alky, but i would have to reccommend both, but more to the Methanol. you burn more of it, but it is cheaper and has a lot of pro's to running it through your engine, you just gotta jet/tune your carb/timimg accordingly. my timing is advanced 6 degrees running around 4psi of fuel pressure. plugs look clean as hell and doesn't hurt the engine either. i hear the best way to go is E-85/Ethanol.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts