Calling Pro-Touring Guys

A

Anonymous

Just like the title says, I'm looking for some g-body guys that have made their cars handle. I have a '78 Malibu and am looking to start chopping up my frame for some bigger wheels and lower suspension.

What are some suspension options? I'd like to do rack and pinion steering, but I want it to be power. My 'bu is probably going to get and LS2 since there are alot of options out there to get the motor to work and fit now. I'll also be backing the motor with a 6 speed and probably a 9" with some 4.30 gears. I'm also planning on some 18s at all 4 corners, probably a 10" wheel on the front and a 12" on the back. I don't know if those will fit, but I plan on sectioning the rear frame rails and doing a mini tube and I will modify the front of the frame too if it has to be done.

But anyway if you have any info or pictures of your pro touring car post them up :mrgreen:

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
I bought the Hotchkis 1" lowering complete kit for the G-body. It comes with the Bilstein shocks to match the other parts. It handels very nice, no sway nice and tight. The only thing is the front did not come down enough it stayed high. I got the 2" lowering Bellthech spindels. But have not put them on yet. I also have the TRZ front upper & lower control arms. We tow the wagon with us to Kentucky and use it on the back roads up there. Needless to say I am very very happy with the combo. Rod

deuce_454

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
your best bet is to give ATS or SCandC a call... the first thing is to install taller balljoints and a shorter upper controll arm... i went the whole 9 yards and my car has more boltons than a swing set.... but it will outhandle a new BMW or stock c5 corvette, (but its not quite as refined LOL)

id give marcus a call at SCandC, he will talk your ear off, but he is a wealth of knowledge and the guy to talk to if you want to take corners http://www.SCandC.com

Pro-touring.com is a good site for that.

My wagon went through a few suspension set-ups till i found what I like. I tried the lowering spindles and springs, but the bump steer was horrible, and the moog 5660's or 5662's weren't stiff enough.

The set-up i have now is front, AFCO adjustable spring cups, AFCOI 950 lb per inch springs, 1 3/8 swaybar, all 3 frame braces, QR steering box. Stock spindle and new ball joints. The rear, box UCA and LCA's, 1 inch rear swawbar, AFCO adjustable spring cups, 275 lb per inch rear springs, on pigtail, and hybrid f-body/caddy rear disks. Oh, and heavy valved bilstien shocks front and rear. All riding on 17x8 wheels with 245-45-17 rubber. I like it. hadles great, no track times. I would like to go to pocono on the new track in jersey to swing it around the twisties. I can say it is a way better handle car then when I had the bell-tech gear or the hotchkiss gear. And, I can adjust the ride height.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts