Ford 8.8 swap....

86monte383

Daily Driver
Sep 23, 2006
Amen to this thread!!! I just picked up an 8.8 for free today from a mustang my buddy gave me. Keep this thread going cuz i really wanna trry this swap

A

Anonymous

bump on the thread...make into a sticky...awesome did that guy make those kits yet...i need to get my hand on one asap!!!! this is the most interesting thing ive heard...

A

Anonymous

Update! Sorry guys it has taken so long. But yes I have redesigned the upper control arm once and everything is looking good. I do use sherical bushings in the upper housing BUT you can use polyurathane in the housing as well.

The kits will be double adjustable upper and lowers using hiem joints on both ends of the lowers and one end of the upper (spherical bushing optional)

As far as materials go I can use TIG welded chromoly OR TIG welded mildsteel...

There are also cost options on the hiem joints... A standard unit like used by most suspension companys or a stronger chromoly unit that has teflon bushings. (both are very strong... the chromoly units do not "rattle" on the street... makes for a quieter ride)

lowers are urethane coated much like a thin bedliner... it is very resistant to any peeling and also has a rough finish which is easy to grip and turn for adustments (I end up turning the bar with my hand many times with the hiems loose)

Right now I am in the process of dealer by-ins on behalf of myself so I can buy hiems/rodends/steel materials in mass quantities and also building a webpage with an online shopping center. HAHAHA honestly it is that "transition phase" from going from a dream hobby to a substantial business. I want it to go as smooth as possible and make the best products as possible. Before I sell there will be 25 chromoly kits premade and ready to ship.

I am also offering a lightwieght manual rack kit... for g-bodys. and IC brakets for the rear suspension. 7.5 8.5 and 8.8 rears.

I will keep everyone updated i expect things to be moving very quickly and thanks for the support :D

Sam Daffron

DaffronRacecars LLC

Larry

Amateur Racer
Jul 16, 2003
Michigan
One of the new magazines has a story about the 8.8 compared to a 12 bolt I got 3 in the mail I'll check and see what one had the story when I get home.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
Also, we NEED this thread made into a sticky. This product could be HUGE if the development works out. Thanks! Later on, Nick.

the nitro man

Amateur Racer
Jan 8, 2006
greeneville, tn
how wide is the 8.8 rear end compaired to the g body rear?

86monte383

Daily Driver
Sep 23, 2006
larry, i think that was in the this months issue of car craft. they compare the 8.8 to the 12 bolt and talk about all the mods u should do to the 8.8 to beef it up.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
the nitro man- I believe the 8.8's that came out of Explorers are pretty similar in width. If I can find the exact spec's of the rear end I'll post them. Later on, Nick.

Perryk

Dragway Regular
Jun 22, 2005
montana

I dont know if this matters but SN and Turbo coupes are .75" wider eachside...which would mean you could use a 4.5" b.s wheel without frame mods.

Perry

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!