Ford 9" sway bar options...

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
hmm well either way thanks for shedding some light on the situation Tommy.i can picture what your saying and it makes sense to do it that way too.

jaywill

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2006
REIDSVILLE,NC
melloelky said:
hmm well either way thanks for shedding some light on the situation Tommy.i can picture what your saying and it makes sense to do it that way too.

I 2ND THAT ! THANKS...

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
All I did was leave the front bolt in stock location and pull the back down till there was about 1" of space at the center of rearend. Then drill new holes for the back bolts and make sue to put in spacers in the center of the lower control arm.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
there are a couple different stock sway bars. I recently found one that is straight across the back. It sits behind the rearend and fits real good with a 9". The ones that have the curved drop in the middle don't fit with stock or edelbrock (QA1) lower control arms. I'm not sure what i got it off though. It might have been the stock one from a 78 LeMans.
Brian

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I've seen that other sway bar before only once.i bought a rear end off a guy and his brother's regal had two sway bars in the back the standard style you and i are use to seeing and the other one.i wish i had asked him about that bar but that was many years ago.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts