Front Brake upgrade

dsellars

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2007
pryor ok
Ok first my car is a 78 Malibu still have 78 spindles and brake setup on it and i am wanting to upgrade my front brakes but just need to be pointed in the right direction what do i need i want some big brakes i have 18 in wheels already tried searching through old posts but to many replies so figured i just repost the ? that has been asked a million and 1 times if u have done a upgrade pics would be nice Thanks in advance

tuck

Feb 4, 2011
I've got some s10 spindles and c5 calipers and rotors for the front of my bu, just have to find the time to install it all. good thing about using the s10 spindles compared the b body, is you don't need adjustable upper control arms and you don't end up with the added bumpsteer. Some if not all of the 98+ s10s had dual piston calipers and 11" rotors so that's an upgrade in itself and a direct bolt in.

dsellars

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2007
pryor ok
but the bearing hub snout is long enough i cant run my center caps on my wheels is why i cant do the s-10 brake upgrade

jrm81bu

Frequent Racer
Jul 17, 2006
Antwerp, Ohio
Really? I wouldn't have thought with the sealed bearings that would be a problem.

dsellars

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2007
pryor ok
hey tuck can u post some pics of the pieces u have and what year s10 did the spindles come off

tuck

Feb 4, 2011
I'll have to try and get out there and get some pics. Spindles are off of a 99 or 2000 s10 blazer and the calipers and abutment brackets are off of a 99 vette. Here's a link of the write that I was working off of.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1245369-g-body-c5-vette-frt-brakes-w-blazer-zq8-spindles-w-drawing.html

dsellars

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2007
pryor ok
what are the silver brackts in the pics called cant find them on ebay found the calipers and abutment brackets

tuck

Feb 4, 2011
dsellars said:
what are the silver brackts in the pics called cant find them on ebay found the calipers and abutment brackets

Those are some brackets that guy made. There is a pdf file on there with all the measurements. I'll look and see if I can find a part number for it, since someone was saying a company actually makes them.

You could turn your stock rotor to a hub, and odifiy the spindle to accept a bracket for a larger caliper and a bigger rotor

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts