Grand Prix 2+2 rear seats... actual 2+2 seating?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
My dad has one, looks like a standard Monte SS rear seat, not what you're looking for...

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, think I'll research some more once I have the Malibu out here. I remember somebody on here did something similar in the rear, his car was more of an audio-centric deal though.

clean8485

Weekend Racer
Jan 30, 2011
I own a 2+2, and its just a regular G body rear seat, like a standard Grand Prix. There is a guy over on MonteSS.com who is installing new front and rear seats in his '86 Monte SS. He modified the rear seat from a 2001 Caddy Eldorado, which has a center armrest with flip out cupholders and short rear headrests, and he's installing front seats from a late model GTO. he has some photos posted of the install of the rear seat, and it looks amazing, but he admitted that it was alot of work, and ended up costing more than he thought it would cost. I don't think he's finsished the front seat install yet. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the new front and rear seats installed.

BOWTIEKID

Daily Driver
May 20, 2009
Leitchfield, Kentucky
78_Elky said:
If you need the measurements for an Fbody rear bucket bottom or the back let me know I have a '98 Camaro I can measure for you Doob. Its the same dimensions as the 80s I believe.
Jess

There any way you can get those measurements? I've had the same idea as doober for a year or so. I'm thinking camaro front buckets and rear seat, with stock g body console. Not sure what I'd do about that gap, but I could come up with a tasteful looking console.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
Yeah the rear seat back measures 41" across and the bottoms are 20" wide and 19" front to back.
Jess

BOWTIEKID

Daily Driver
May 20, 2009
Leitchfield, Kentucky
78_Elky said:
Yeah the rear seat back measures 41" across and the bottoms are 20" wide and 19" front to back.
Jess

Appreciate the measurements, just checked mine, 53" wide and 19-20" inches front to back depending where you start. So, I guess the F body rear seats are a negative. lame_sign.gif

Getting them widened would be outrageous I bet.

Skylar

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
After looking at 91hrdbody's Malibu, I may look into a 2nd set of buckets to mount in the rear as well, possibly find a set of G-Body buckets with separate headrests, or even a second set of high-back buckets... I'm pretty sure his seats are 4th gen. Camaro/Firebird ('93+).

193a2a3e.jpg

94cf85e9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
Doober said:
After looking at 91hrdbody's Malibu, I may look into a 2nd set of buckets to mount in the rear as well, possibly find a set of G-Body buckets with separate headrests, or even a second set of high-back buckets... I'm pretty sure his seats are 4th gen. Camaro/Firebird ('93+).
193a2a3e.jpg

94cf85e9.jpg

I think he said something about them being from a cavalier but I may be wrong. I am sure they are not from a 4th gen Camaro though :mrgreen: The Camaro seats look narrower, have more bolstering and have a high back on them.
Jess

Last edited by a moderator:

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
:p The Camaro seats look like this, I've got a set in my el camino (and in my camaro)
580213_769735711625_1404079013_n.jpg

I think they look really at home in the malibu interior. Not too racecar looking but not a longe chair either.
Jess

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts