greg weld wheel fitment info

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i was wondering if the american racing ones would fit also but i dont know i wanted to just buy wheels install them with no hassles now i have a hassle but i did not mount tires yet so they are returnable , the person i spoke to at greg welds is named mike he told me to dent the dust cap also then told me the new caps 6 to 8 weeks hmmmm thats damn close to the 90 day return for me hold on let me check something hey look there is smoke coming from my a$$ when i was looking this morning at caps on summits site on one of the greg welds caps page it listed a substitute part # GWM-615-5095 so i called summit to inquire about that number they had no answer but -------you need a part number from greg welds -------now i feel like a ping pong ball back and forth no straight answers any how i was reading greg site they claim 30yrs in the business i think and i am not a genius the 78 to 83 malibus and other chevys that are the same were around within the 30 yr mark well enough for me thanks for reading this paragraph the wheels look good on your ride if you come to a solution keep me in mind thanks hey heres an idea take the dust cap off and wrap some tin foil around that j/jking on another note what if cutting the dome off the dust cover and weld some flat stock to it might work but i dont know the clearence

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
i think i am going to try to dent the dust cap first
when that doesn't work , i will replace the dust cap and cut the center out of the center cap , just big enough to fit , until i can get the proper center caps

maybe i'll just buy some aerospace or wilwood brakes #-o

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
i did that ths morning , they don't even fit without the dust cap
i called greg weld again ,they said the new caps are in the works (as previously stated here) and summit would be offering to replace them
so i guess i have to deal with no center caps for a while ](*,)

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
check this out i tried a 1/4" spacer with the wheel and still not fitting then i took off the dust cover and it didnt look like by denting it , they wouldnt even come close at all another thing i took a good hard look at finish quality and i am not impressed and finally made a decision to return them and settle for summit wheels

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
well the american racing center caps won't work
the bolt patern is the same but the profile is way different

back to the drawing board :-k

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
i talked to mike at greg weld wheels last week and he said they are doing a prototype aluminum center cap right now, and they should be available in about a month. he said he has 15x3.5s on the front of his 77 trans am and that they cleared by beating the dust cap in. i don't know about that, but i went ahead and ordered my rear wheels since i need them to do my frame notch and mini tub. they are pretty sharp, but inside the spokes there are some scratches. for the price, they are a nice looking wheel, only $139 each for my 15x10's. once they are on the car, i don't think anyone will notice. heck, no one except me noticed it while they are off the car. i will update if i get anymore info.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
they dont do much for a malibu,the look is all off....

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
thanks for the .02, but i like them. they kinda remind me of the old pro star xp's. i wanted billet specialties, but everyone got a set before i did, plus they are more expensive. i've always liked the pro stars on malibus, so i think these will look ok. btw, the pro stars and draglites are just as expensive as the billet specialties now. that's crazy to me. :shock:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts