help with rear end

167champ

Frequent Racer
Nov 16, 2006
omaha
Hey guys. I want to lower the rear end of my mali. I love the way the front sits, just want to know what is the easiest way to lower the back of the car. Please dont say put a body in the trunk, I need a quick simple answer. Can i buy some springs, and have them cut? If so which ones? Or can i heat up the springs? It has on it now ALL original v-6 stuff. Please give me your thoughts. Want to lower it about 2 inches. Thanks. Heres how it looks now

008.jpg

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
I would find out what spring is on the rear now. They came with a standard or Cargo spring, The cargo spring has a few more inches of lift plus the more weight you add the stiffer the spring gets so the body doesnt sage with some weight. If you have cargo find a set of standard springs and see how it sets. Doug

167champ

Frequent Racer
Nov 16, 2006
omaha
Doug thanks, i think it has those cargo springs. Where would i look for standard springs, O Rielys, autozone??? Thanks again.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Hey. Yes any part store should be able to help you find the right springs you need. Heres what I found at Autozone .com .http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Coil-Spring-Rear/1981-Chevrolet-Malibu/_/N-ilipdZ8oy1q?counter=1&itemIdentifier=744482_0_6199_
Doug

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts