how much power will a 7.5 ??

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Jaywill, With a BBC, your asking for trouble with that 7.5, If you leave the rear "stock" I bet it gernades very quickly!! I run a small block, 7.5" with moser axles, Richmond gears, used Auburn posi, and a girdle, 8 sec. flat in the 1/8th, going on 5 yrs now but the rear is starting to "howl" I may be upgrading over next winter!!

464elcamino

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2010
alton illinois
I run a BBB464 , I say run it till it goes . Just chk it every so often . And like was stated earlier always preload it on a launch. Im sure mine will go someday and so far its holding the stump pullin Buick torque.

jaywill

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2006
REIDSVILLE,NC
HP JUNKEY said:
Jaywill, With a BBC, your asking for trouble with that 7.5, If you leave the rear "stock" I bet it gernades very quickly!! I run a small block, 7.5" with moser axles, Richmond gears, used Auburn posi, and a girdle, 8 sec. flat in the 1/8th, going on 5 yrs now but the rear is starting to "howl" I may be upgrading over next winter!!

that s what i'm planning on doing till i can upgrade :D i have A 8.8 now i might try to put in...

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
As far as power limits, I read an article that quoted someone from Moser who stated that a 7.5" with 28 spline Mosers and a girdle will handle a maximum of 400 REAR wheel hp behind an AUTOMATIC. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with a stroker big block runnin' the show even though I'm a believer in the 7.5 under more reasonable conditions.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i sound like a broken record saying this all the time, but i think spending money on a 7.5 (especially when you know it's not going to be in the car long) is a waste of money. support cover=$130 or so, good axles=$200-$250, and on and on....just put that money towards a rearend that WILL do the job. i wish i would have done this. i spent about $500 puting a gear, mini spool, support cover, and whatever else building my 7.5 to make a whole 5 passes before it let go. spent a little over double that and now have an 8.5 with 33 spline axles, c clip elims, and a spool.

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
grizwald said:
i sound like a broken record saying this all the time, but i think spending money on a 7.5 (especially when you know it's not going to be in the car long) is a waste of money. support cover=$130 or so, good axles=$200-$250, and on and on....just put that money towards a rearend that WILL do the job. i wish i would have done this. i spent about $500 puting a gear, mini spool, support cover, and whatever else building my 7.5 to make a whole 5 passes before it let go. spent a little over double that and now have an 8.5 with 33 spline axles, c clip elims, and a spool.

The support cover is working great for me btw. thanks man

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts