How to hook 720 RWHP

88cutdogcandy

Daily Driver
Sep 29, 2007
Atlanta,GA
I have a 9"slick with Moroso trick springs all the way around,and comp engineering 3 way shocks all the way around.The car spins coming off launch,leaving at 3800 rpm on a 150 shot off transbrake.I have an airbag on the passenger rear.I have adjustable uppers and boxed lowers.I want to try a 10.5,will it fit on a 15x8 with 3.5 backspace or do I need to minitub.I'm also looking at installing an ARB and stock springs in the rear.Would a 15x9 rim with 4.5 backspace fit a 10.5 tire,has any one tried this?The tire I'm running now is 28x9x15.It is also leaving side ways and I bumped the 2nd kit and it almost threw me in the wall in the other lane.I need to get this car to hook so that I can show the wife how much money I can make with the car racing.The car was dynoed to the rear wheels at 720hp to the rear wheels on both kits.It dynoed at 610hp on one kit.I'd really like to get a 10.5 tire under the car and install an ARB,will it help me?This is the first car I've built and I'm learning as I go.Any advice greatly appreciated.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Digiset and delay the first kit.

Or put a 7531 in the car and you'll have alot more tuning options at your disposal.

If the cars pulling to one side on the launch, better find out why and fix it as that's asking for serious trouble. Nothing worse than an unstable/unsafe car leaving with that much power.

What's your plan to make money with this car racing? Very few if any racers make any money racing unless were talking illegal street racing. [-X

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
A 28x10.5 will fit with a 3.5bs wheel and Run qa1 springs in the rear with the anti-roll bar and it will help as well.......... Qa1 coil over springs fit the factory perch and they are inexpensive and the spring rates and length are endless..

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
DFWMalibu said:
A 28x10.5 will fit with a 3.5bs wheel and Run qa1 springs in the rear with the anti-roll bar and it will help as well.......... Qa1 coil over springs fit the factory perch and they are inexpensive and the spring rates and length are endless..
and a set of good adj. shocks qa1, strange, afco if your wallet allows you to.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
how old are the slicks ?

Stock springs is the way to go ESP in the rear,Moroso rears are junk.......
I used to run CE 50/50 rear shocks,stock springs and a single air bag and hook 1.40s
on a 10" hoosier or MT....10 second ets approx
Search out some old SSM bars,they work great for less than 1000HP

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
Excelerater is right on the money. I run stock rear springs with 3-way adjustable shocks and double adjustable uppers and lowers and a TRZ anti-roll bar, on a M/T 28X10.50 and it 60 foots at 1.40 with a best of 10.17 and it's got a little more left in it ( I think). But no traction problems at all. By the way, don't think you're going to get rich grudge racing, or any kind of racing for that matter. Everyone has a hustle and there's always someone faster, no matter how fast you are.
Good luck though...... Lee

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
I bought a bad *ss TRZ ARB shipped for 300 bucks and another 200 bucks for some professional welding and installation and i am very happy with it because these cars twist up really bad without it.You can look at pics of it under the Suspension section under Progress Pics of 9in,mini tubs ect...

88cutdogcandy

Daily Driver
Sep 29, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Thanks for the info guys,I'm doing a frame notch,stock springs back in car and ARB from TRZ Motorsports over the winter.I will be buying new rims with 5.5bs 15x10 to fit the tires nicely under the car.Oh by the way I'm getting a killer deal from TRZ on the ARB just got to wait about a month,that will give me time to do the notch.

A

Anonymous

88cutdogcandy said:
Thanks for the info guys,I'm doing a frame notch,stock springs back in car and ARB from TRZ Motorsports over the winter.I will be buying new rims with 5.5bs 15x10 to fit the tires nicely under the car.Oh by the way I'm getting a killer deal from TRZ on the ARB just got to wait about a month,that will give me time to do the notch.

Definitely go with TRZ. I have both the upper and lowers from them along with the arb. A frame notch to the inside frame rail, 10" X 5" BS convo pros and run a 28.5X11.5 slick. I haven't tried the nitrous yet but my motor dynoed at 650 NA. I race at a few airport tracks as well as our track and my car 60's the same everywhere.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts