Jan 26, 2006
Cleveland OH
Mikes engine

100_5569.jpg

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Thanks Doober. Thats the 406 thats going into my 81 at last. Its not really blue though, its a metallic green used by GM in the early 90s. I guess its the lighting. The car is Jadestone so the color kinda goes with the color of the car. I cant wait for it to be done.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Nope, its not a truck color at all. I think it was called metallic turquoise and it was found on Luminas and other mid size Chevys. I just sprayed it the same color that the previous owner had it just because it looked good in the car. It looks hot in person. Much more then it did because of all the aluminum add ons. The manifold is powdercoated in flat aluminum. It looks just like raw aluminum. When the headers are jet hot coated it should really look good.

showman

Weekend Racer
Dec 6, 2008
Manitoba Canada
jazzbo said:
454BBCMalibu said:
going in the 79 bu

Can you really drop an engine in with the headers allready on or do people just put them on their engines to look at them ? If it works i might try to drop my engine in that way

never be able to put an engine in with full length headers unless you have a car that you can remove the whole front clip
... seen guys do it with the shorty headers
but mostly you put it on to see how it fits and if your smart run your ignition wires..
seen guys buy wrong ends and not know it till the headers went on...

MOSTLY YOU DO IT TO LOOK AT IT AND HAVE A BEER >>>>

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I dont know about other people but I want to put them on my motor just to see which plug wire boots fit the best. Its alot easier to see when the motors on a stand.

deuce_454

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
P4050076.jpg

P4050077.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!