Looking for advice

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Cam quest says I should be making around 400 hp with a a roller setup, 290 hp with a flat tappet.

Seems like it might be a worth while investment to me.

I know these numbers are crank hp but they still seem kinda high

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
I tried it at first spec'ing my 73 350 4 bolt block, and it didn't show that much, even with the roller

I put in my 92 TBI 350 block, and suddenly I have these huge numbers.

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
I also agree that the numbers are inflated....like magazine horsepower. The Vortecs will flow a thousand times better than those old 73' heads tho.

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
NEW2MALIBU said:
I also agree that the numbers are inflated....like magazine horsepower. The Vortecs will flow a thousand times better than those old 73' heads tho.

The 73 4 bolt is sitting bare block punched .060 over. It is going to get a 383 kit (388.4 so take your pick 388 0r 389). It will get some modified double hump heads. I am thinking forged internals so I can hit it with some sort of forced induction or lots of nitrous

The TBI 350 will be getting the vortec heads, dual plain intake, and 650 carb edel/holly depending on price. I think I am get one of the comp cam kits so I can squeeze a little more lift out, possibly some 1.6 rockers. I think I will go with a xe268 cam. Now, I am seriously considering, rounding up all the parts to change over to a full roller setup.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts