Lowered ss monte

FLAV-A

Daily Driver
May 5, 2008
Southaven, Ms
HEY GUYS, I'VE GOT A SS MONTE THAT I'M PUTTING 2" DROP SPINDLES ON. WHAT MOOG SPRING IS EVERYONE USING? I WAS WONDERING IF I NEED TO GO TO A SLIGHTLY STIFFER SPRING TO CONTROL THE SUSPENSION TRAVEL , TO KEEP THE TIRES FROM HITTING THE FENDER WELLS WHEN I HIT A GOOD DIP. THE WHEELS ARE 18X8 WITH 235/40/18 TIRES. IT HAS ALUMINUM HEADS AND FIBERGLASS HOOD.

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
Your stock springs are pretty stiff, I think they will work ok for you. I have a big block in mine with dropped spindles and I actually cut some off the springs to get it down where I wanted it.

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
Lets see if I can get a couple on here.
mcss.jpg

mcss2.jpg

HPIM0036.jpg

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
Thanks guys, yes its mini tubbed and the frame is narrowed and notched and the rear is shortened and mounted on coilovers. The lower control arms are boxed stock and the upper arms are custom made adjustable with spherical bearings. The rear wheels are 10" wide with 4" back spacing, and the tires are 325/50X15 MT drag radials.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Barry that stance is perfect. I was wondering how far away are you from Quantico area. I am moving in that vicinity in Aug as i will be stationed there. I was wondering how many G-Body ownersare in the are to hook up with and cruise and so forth. Eric

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
406monte, I'm about 3 hours from Fredericksburg and 2 hours from Richmond. A little bit far to drive this gas gussler. :mrgreen: Let me know when you get there though, anything is possible.

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
Damn that looks mean as hell :twisted: How much did you notch the frame? Did you go all the way to the inner?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!