Lowering srings for wagon.

Kansas Bu Wagon

Daily Driver
May 27, 2012
Wichita, ks
I was looking on gbodyparts and found two sets of lowering springs.
One set is eibach 2 inch lowering springs. Any one have these on their wagon?

And the other set doesn't have a name brand or specs on how much it lowers your car, just says "These springs lower your car to the level that the factory should have."

Wanting to bring my rear down about an inch and the front 2-2.5, and would also like stiffer suspension.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
t5montecarlo said:
If the rear springs are not for a wagon, do not try them. Sedan springs will not support the rear of a wagon.
:-k what did MISFIT use on his wagon?

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
stock replacement rear springs for a wagon are 15.3 inches with a 158 LB spring rate(if i remember correctly).. I wanted to lower the rear of my wagon so I purchased coil over springs with a 160LB rate, 14 inches long, so it dropped my rear an inch.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
If you have the spring specifications (back of spring book) you can compare them to the stock spring and calculate the installed height. You cannot just use the free standing height to make the calculation as the spring rate is also a factor (determined by the wire diameter and number of coils).

Use the equation: F = kx
F = the weight on the spring to compress it a distance "x"
k = the spring constant or rate
x = the distance the spring compresses

The spring specs will show free standing height and installed height; the difference is "x".

Look up the specs for a stock spring and determine F.
Using this "F" value, calculate "x" for other springs.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
melloelky said:
t5montecarlo said:
If the rear springs are not for a wagon, do not try them. Sedan springs will not support the rear of a wagon.
:-k what did MISFIT use on his wagon?

i shoved airbags in them!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts