manual brake conversion

onefastbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 14, 2007
Dayton,Ohio
wessonracing said:
I have mine running through the stock proportion valve. I put a 10LB residual pressure valve straight out of master cylinder that runs the rear brakes, and then to the stock prop valve. The brakes work fine although the pedal is quite firm.

Jimmy

another thing i dont think you need the factory porportioning valve when your using the set-up the way you have it !!!!!!!

stroker81

Dragway Regular
Dec 16, 2004
SW Missouri
foxz said:
does the stock porportioning valve give an ample amount of pressure to the rear for disks?

Need to eliminate the stock valve for 4 wheel disc. I have Wilwood discs on the back and like SS_Sean said they stop great and pedal pressure is great. I installed an adjustable prop valve but I don't think it is necessary, at least for a slow car like mine.

stroker81

Dragway Regular
Dec 16, 2004
SW Missouri
foxz said:
so if i was to get rid of the porp. valve how would i run my line lock?? i thought for nhra has to be after the valve?

No such rule to my knowledge. My line lock is mounted to the firewall right below the MC. Line from MC to Line Lock, from line lock to Tee and then from tee to each front brake.

foxz

Frequent Racer
Jun 23, 2006
british columbia canada eh
so your have your front line running to the line lock then down to the T. Thats how i have my line lock nowjust to the porp. valve then back up to line loock. Do you got any pics by chance?? then the back is just straight to the back? thx

wessonracing

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2007
Gardendale, AL
I am going to take the factory proportion valve off and run straight through on the lines. Should this give me a better feel at the pedal? By better feel I mean not so stiff. It is the kit from Travis.

Jimmy

stroker81

Dragway Regular
Dec 16, 2004
SW Missouri
Here are the pics:
I don't know what effect it will have on your feel, but mine feels good. It is firm but not excessively so. It feels much better than the power brakes did with a big cam. :D
img3197smallte5.jpg

img3198smalldr4.jpg

img3199smalllo5.jpg

foxz

Frequent Racer
Jun 23, 2006
british columbia canada eh
damm that wiring looks good ha.. uhmmm what line lock you got?? mines just bhurst one looks nothing like that... do you just run the back line right to the back? thx

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts