manual brake conversion

stroker81

Dragway Regular
Dec 16, 2004
SW Missouri
B&M and yes back brake line (front one on MC) goes to the back. I have a Wilwood adjustable Prop valve in that line, but I don't think it is needed.

wessonracing

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2007
Gardendale, AL
We just finished rerunning the brake lines and doing away with the factory proportion valve. The pedal has a better feel to it now, before it felt like a power brake system with a bad booster.

Jimmy

foxz

Frequent Racer
Jun 23, 2006
british columbia canada eh
what size is the fitting for the back brake line for the master cylander. I got the residual valve and need to go from 1/8 to what ever it is. thx

A

Anonymous

foxz said:
what size is the fitting for the back brake line for the master cylander. I got the residual valve and need to go from 1/8 to what ever it is. thx

The line is 1/4" to the rear

C LOWERY

Frequent Racer
Nov 2, 2004
Bates City, MO
I just picked up my conversion kit from Travis(Steel concepts). This is a VERY nice piece for the money. I will have it installed this week.

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
do I need the valve, Im just about to finish my wilwood manual brake kit, I just need to reflare the brake line, is this something I really need or just a suggested item to add

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
where can I purchase a proportion valve, is there a specific one I need or do I just need to find one that'l fit my line, and where would be the best place to mount this, how long did it take to install, price?, etc,etc, this is the first time really getting into my brakes like this so Im kindof new to it, any info will help, I was just about to go out and flare my brake line to fit the new master cylinder but now i guess I'l need to wait until I get more info

foxz

Frequent Racer
Jun 23, 2006
british columbia canada eh
im running rear drums so i didnt touch the porp. valve i just put a resid. valve in... it cost me about 200 all said and done and looks much better... i re did all the brake lines on the car aswell...i blew one out so i replaced them...does any one have this lock up problem tommy sugested??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts