Manual valve body on the street?

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
My transmission is about to go t*ts up on me. I'm wanting to build it right the first time. I'm also considering future plans for a 540 bbc next winter. Besides a good sprag and converter is there anything else to consider when building up a 350 turbo? Does anyone run a manual v/body on the street? If so does it suck?

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
I have a Reverse/Manual. You get use to it real quick. It's not the greatest in town...putting around in 3rd at 25-30mph. Other than that it's good.

sturtzy75

Frequent Racer
Apr 22, 2007
Boone,Ia
www.sturtzfamily6.com
I run a forward manual valve body in a street car and it's fine. Ya get use to all the shifting. Every now and then I forget and rev like crazy tryin to take off in 3rd.

Sturtzy

SMITTY5104

Weekend Racer
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago IL
I called a guy owner of a race trans shop out of elburn IL, about beefing up my T350 and he told me for the amount of money is would cost to beef it up, that it would be cheaper to just get a t400 or a glide. He refused to work on my t400 because he said he has used them in the past tried to beef them up, and had nothing but problems. He said that a t400 is good for 500 HP stock an with a few minor mods can withstand much higher HP. Good luck!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts