need big accelerator pumps?

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
LS1 6.2L,950 hp series carb.pump gas,25cc accel pumps,WOT off the line and it stumbles,i am told i need bigger squirters like the ones used in alcohol applications,what do you think?Also,i read that Holley is only right now making true 950 carbs,the old one like i have is more in the 850-870 range,anyone heard this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Is it just off idle, or does it do it when loading the converter?

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
i put larger squirters on my 750 holley and it helped my stumble....my 950 quickfuel i bought recently has been flawless so far....

92Camaro

Daily Driver
Dec 26, 2011
Brownstown, Mich
When you load up on the converter you used up the lobe on the cam for the pump shot. Try moving the cam to position 2 and loosen up the pump arm a little. Also buy the pump cam assortment kit. Its just like buying a cam. It will offer different opening rates to adjust the shot.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
92Camaro said:
When you load up on the converter you used up the lobe on the cam for the pump shot. Try moving the cam to position 2 and loosen up the pump arm a little. Also buy the pump cam assortment kit. Its just like buying a cam. It will offer different opening rates to adjust the shot.

X2. Give that man a cigar!

Tommy

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
92Camaro said:

x2, and you still might need bigger pumps. When you have the throttle partially open to load the converter you have already used up some of the pump capacity as well as spinning the motor faster so it will consume more of the pump shot.

My carbed ls motor took a lot of work to get the my stumble worked out, I ended up with 50cc pumps, I cant remember which cam though.

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Ill be traveling down this road myself.....as soon as mother nature stops being a b*tch.

brunz21

Amateur Racer
Jan 17, 2012
chicago, IL
92Camaro said:
When you load up on the converter you used up the lobe on the cam for the pump shot. Try moving the cam to position 2 and loosen up the pump arm a little. Also buy the pump cam assortment kit. Its just like buying a cam. It will offer different opening rates to adjust the shot.[/quote

wow, why didnt i think of that! let us know if this works out.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts