NOS Launcher progressive controller. Any input on this?

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I just got a pro fogger and was looking at the N.O.S. Launcher progressive controller so it doesnt kick in so hard. Has anybody used this? It seems to be the right price without the plug-in screen, just use a laptop to setup. And how bad do progressive controllers beat up the solenoids? Thanks for any input.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NOS-15976NOS&N=700+115&autoview=sku
- The summit description seems to reference dials for some reason, looks like they copied and pasted a description because this kit is all digital.

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
im using the mini controller on my fogger set up without any problems, it seems to have the same features. and its half the price.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
It works well from what I have seen,progessives are they way to go NOS,Edelbrock,NX all have great units

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
From what I've seen, Edelbrock had the nicest setups.

Yes, your solenoids do take a beating.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I will just have to rebuild the solenoids every season because I need to ramp in the nitrous somehow.

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
I used one on the street occasionally for 3 years and never had a solenoid problem, but it sure helped traction as opposed to the button method. I even used a 1/2 second ramp-up on highway hits to minimize the impact to the transmission.

Jim

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
I haven't tried running it without a delay, it is a new setup. But i'm planning on at least a 300 shot with the internals and pistons I am going with, so i wanted to ramp it in.

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
I believe that Holley is getting these from FJO Racing where they already get their wideband O2 controllers. You can read more about the unit at the fjoracing website.

Jim

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts