Pinion angle help.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
I'm getting ready to buy some new tires. All the guys I was running against last night had E.T streets and Hoosier Q time pros. They said they have trouble hooking up on the crappy track prep with radials. And that the Bias tires work better on our track so I'm gonna get me a set and go form there. Like I said before it was hooking and now its not I haven't changed anything just tire pressures. I'm gonna get the tires and see what happens. Thanks for all the advice.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I had a similar problem leaving off of the transbrake and I put my shocks on the firmest setting and it helped a lot, but I don't have SSM bars. I have Iceman uppers and lowers and it is all stock locations. The SSM bars should be giving you quite a bit of antisquat. When you are using stock locations, you need the shocks to be harder to compress so when the car leaves the line, it presses on the tires instead of just compressing the suspension. One of the best 60' times my car ever had (1.48) was on 275/60/15 Hoosier DRs, with stock uppers and lowers with Lakewood No-Hops.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Bad Medicine Racing said:
I had a similar problem leaving off of the transbrake and I put my shocks on the firmest setting and it helped a lot, but I don't have SSM bars. I have Iceman uppers and lowers and it is all stock locations. The SSM bars should be giving you quite a bit of antisquat. When you are using stock locations, you need the shocks to be harder to compress so when the car leaves the line, it presses on the tires instead of just compressing the suspension. One of the best 60' times my car ever had (1.48) was on 275/60/15 Hoosier DRs, with stock uppers and lowers with Lakewood No-Hops.
Thanks for the tip! I have mine set at just the opposite. I will change the settings when I put on my new tires. It makes complete sense to set the shocks like you said, I just didn't think of it like that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts