Pro Touring questions

autonaut

Sep 12, 2014
Hi Guys.

I want to make my stock steering 79 malibu handle more like a newer car. Not necessarily autocross it, but make it more fun to drive in curvy roads.

What are everyone using to gain handling and braking?

-The Blazer brake upgrade might be an upgrade. But is it enough combined with discs in the rear to really make it stop? repeatedly! Or should one go for c5/c6 brake upgrade?

-Also, i can see vendors selling upper and lower a arms with coil over spring setups. Are these any better than fitting better shocks and springs to the stock setup?
This goes for the rear as well. Are the coilover kits with adjustable trailing arms any better than boxing the existing and adding new shocks and springs?

Sooner or later there will be an LS swap, prefferably with an aluminum engine block and a 4l65e. 17 inch wheels. And i already have acquired an 8.5 posi rear end with 3:42 i need to rebuild before swapping in.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Pricey stuff, but researched stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

autonaut

Sep 12, 2014
Doober said:
Pricey stuff, but researched stuff.

i can see they sell a complete package.. There are no coilover conversion in that package.. Is that because they are not really that needed versus traditional coils and shocks?

Last edited by a moderator:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The only real advantage to a coilovers on the front of a g-body is ease of adjustability. If you use the same spring rate & shock settings there is no quantifiable advantage of one over the other.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts