Prop/combo valve with manual brakes, disc/drum setup

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Quick question. I'm probably going to order the Steel Concepts kit soon to redo the brakes. I felt alright with the s10 master cylinder on the stock 7.5, but am having reserves about using it with the larger Ford drum brakes in back.

The setup will theoretically be Steel Concepts kit, 10lb residual valve, stock front discs, big Ford drums in the back. What do I need for a proportioning valve/combo valve?

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Yep......good idea..i took mine out and probally be looking for one also.

Doug Keen

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Central, Illinois
SUPE, I have that kit on my Regal. The Wilwood MC has built in proportioning, you will be fine. I have fact. disc front, and 11" Ford drums on the back. Besides who needs the extra weight of a prop valve. :lol: The kit is a real nice fit, NO BS involved bolt it in and go..... or stop in this case.

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Sweet Doug, i didnt realize you had rear drums....did you have to use a rear residual valve??? im for sure buying a kit from steel concepts now

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Doug Keen said:
SUPE, I have that kit on my Regal. The Wilwood MC has built in proportioning, you will be fine. I have fact. disc front, and 11" Ford drums on the back. Besides who needs the extra weight of a prop valve. :lol: The kit is a real nice fit, NO BS involved bolt it in and go..... or stop in this case.

Ah, now that's what I wanted to hear.

Now what I DONT want to hear is that I'll probably have to crawl my fat *ss back underneath that dash to unbolt the pedal assembly for a 3rd time :cry:

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Ha Supe you should see me doing it....... :shock:

i come out with bruises.......

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Bruises? Last time I did it, I had the seat out with the upper L brackets removed, leaving two sharp plates sticking up from the floor. Forgot they were there when I wriggled out, put a pair of 2" slashes in my lower back exactly the width of the bolt pattern of a Summit racing seat :lol:

BTW, does anyone know where I can get 11" drums for a 9" predrilled for 4 3/4 bolt pattern? I need to find one as one of mine had a piece crack off last year when it froze on there.

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
do you know what offset?? i did some searching after i got mine and cross referenced the part number on mine with the part number on the ford motorsports kit...and the drums used in both are for a 68 mercury marquis...the kicker is yes they have to be drilled and the pilot has to be opened up

A

Anonymous

brake

supe.....................i just trew set set away that i was gonna use till i went with disc set=up... missed asking that buy a week and half.. sorry dude.!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts