Pulling Brakes

PROTOTYPE

Sep 5, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
JamesC459 said:
Replace calipers in pairs as good practice.Replace the brake hoses because the are old.They are very inexpensive,like 14 bucks each. and while you are all dirty,adjust the rear brakes.out of adjustment rear shoes can make the car pull. also NEVER let the calipers hang on the hoses.

My thoughts exactly. May seem a lot but remember that brakes (amongst other things) is to stop the car aka save your life and others once you are moving. Good luck with the repair. Let us know how it goes. \:D/

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Low tire pressure in one side will cause a "brake" pull too. Just a thought.

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
I think it may be the brake hose cause if I loosen it up from the caliper the fluid drips real slow compared to the other side any HELP.THANKS

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Pulling brakes is caused by bad brake hose most of the time.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Supe said:
Having a stuck caliper/pad can cause it to pull to the side that's actually stuck. If you only replaced the one opposite the side it was pulling to, you need to replace the other.

Ya beat me to it again, Supe! That's why checking caliper temps helps when troubleshooting brake problems. If one caliper is a lot hotter than the other after normal driving, you can bet it's stuck & almost definitely on the side the car pulls to.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts