Quick question need FAST answers

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Sorry, but they measured wrong or your engine is not in the right place, which may also explain your ordeal with the crossmember.

The difference in length between a TH350, TH200, TH250, etc. and a T5 or a TH700-R4 is 3 inches.

I am only 1 of many who have cut driveshafts 3 inches for this swap.

What engine was in the car before you but the V8 in?

ROCK!

Weekend Racer
Nov 10, 2009
Colorado springs, CO
I got a lot done tonight. Im dirty up to my arm pits and I haven't had dinner, but Im much closer to being done. I got the headers on, got my drive shaft in, spark plugs in, and all the belts tensioned. Putting the headers on was a 3 hour job, they were tight! The headers on my big block fit better :lol:

The car was originally a V8 car, it had the 4.4L. I don't know, maybe I have some anomaly. So far every thing is coming together, I just hope I don't have any more set backs. Of course at this point all I have to do is minor little things.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I am glad all is coming together. If the driveshaft was cut properly, it should measure 48.5 inches between the centerlines of the u-joints. This also assumes you have a 7.5-inch differential.

ROCK!

Weekend Racer
Nov 10, 2009
Colorado springs, CO
I got my exhaust done tonight, and should be firing it soon. I won't be doing much tomorrow night, CSI is on so I won't be working on the car :lol: I used the stock Y pipe for the most part, and just tied it in to the stock pipe. Eventually I'll be redoing it with 2.5" all the way back, but for now what I have is fine. Here's some pix
100_2272.jpg

100_2271.jpg

100_2273.jpg

ROCK!

Weekend Racer
Nov 10, 2009
Colorado springs, CO
If all goes well at the junk yard Saturday morning it will be done Saturday after noon. I still need a steering column, and the break clip. You know you can't buy those in parts stores any more? It's crazy, years ago you could walk in there grab the assortment, and get any clip you wanted. Now even the help section has dwindled down to just about nothing. I'll try and get a video of the first burn out, but I don't have a video camera. The best I can do is my brother's phone, IF I can up load it. Saturday will be a busy day, I still have half a days work, a JY trip, the coffin races(most likely won't make it), and 4 parties! :lol: I think Im only gonna make it to 1 or 2 of the parties, but I guess only time will tell. I think Im gonna have to put my Camaro wheels on it to. The tires on it now are BALD so it would be a scary ride if the snow starts flying :shock:

ROCK!

Weekend Racer
Nov 10, 2009
Colorado springs, CO
DONE!!! :D She still needs a few things, but for right now, DONE!! I haven't gotten a video yet, there's no one around to operate the camera :lol: I don't know what gears I have yet, but holly crap she's fast! The difference between the auto and the manual is like night and day! Im gonna need air ride though, she floats quite a bit when over 80mph! :lol: Of course new shocks and decent tires wouldn't hurt, but I don't have money for that right now. I'll come back with a vid some time soon, hopefully in the next few days I can find someone to do it for me. I now have 2 sleepers! boring.gif / :twisted:

ROCK!

Weekend Racer
Nov 10, 2009
Colorado springs, CO
Thanx, nice to be a part of something so exclusive :lol:

I was out driving her around the last couple days, and have found it kind of exhilarating! I wasted a new mustang yesterday, he thought he had something, little did he know! I still need a few things though, the carb I have sucks, and the front suspension is in desperate need of an over haul. I have new shocks, and when I get payed this week Im gonna get new breaks. I think I need a new caliper for the passenger side front, it's a bit sticky some times. I figured while I had it apart I might as well re pack the bearings and go over every thing. The car is 30 years old, Im sure it's gonna need some new parts before I just start driving it. My next challenge is wheels and tires, Im most likely gonna end up with some stock 15's, but I was thinking a set of 18's would look good on her. 8) Not sure what to look for though, what ever they are there gonna have to be cheap! I pretty much have tire size figured out from looking around here, lots of good info. Im not ready to do a frame notch so I have to stick with an 8" wheel. Im gonna get started on the body work soon to, the trim is all screwed on :twisted: I don't know who's dumb curse_sign.gif idea that was, but I wish I could go back in time and smack them around! Now I have twice as many holes to weld. I haven't picked up any chicks yet, but Im sure they will flock to the car once it's black :lol: (ok, maybe this is wish full thinking. a man can dream right? :lol: ) Im also gonna work on a new dash panel, I NEED more gages! I don't have a tach, or a real water temp gage, and it would be nice. In dew time I guess, now I need to finish my 79! :twisted:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts