Quick question on Vaccum lines

Red seven-nine

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2011
West Texas
I recently got my 6.0 swap running and driving and i was curious where have yall but yalls vaccum lines for the transmission and brakes? Its still efi and i havent found anything. Any advice would be really appreciated.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Ill take a few pics when I get home of my brake booster line for you, but if you're running the truck intake, there's a nipple on the back side that the booster hose attaches to. If its not there you can buy the fitting at a GM deal for like $10 or less. It's just a quick disconnect fitting. As far as a LS1/6 intake, I'm not a 100% sure but imagine it to be something similar and I know they are on the back side of the intake as well. I have my transmission vacuum line attached to the throttle body hose on the left hand side, not sure if that's the best place, but it was open so I used it. The vent lines off the valve covers go either back to the intake or just put one of those cheapo advance auto filters on them for the crank case to vent.
Like I said, I'll take a few pics for you when I get home this evening.

Red seven-nine

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2011
West Texas
I appreciate that man.Its a truck intake. I figured it out lastnight and went and got one today. Stops 1000x better lol. I figured i would run my transmission vacuum line the same way you have ran yours. I really appreciate the advice!!

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
No problem, glad I could help. As far as the trans vacuum, check the port on the TB it should be pulling a vacuum but I can't remember for sure.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts