Quick question need FAST answers

ROCK!

Weekend Racer
Nov 10, 2009
Colorado springs, CO
Just thought I would come back with an up date. I took the wheels off my 79, and put them on the 81 today. I had some 1/8" spacers that were on the camaro, so I put them on the front. The camaro wheels hit the A arm a little bit, and it ether knocks the wheel weight off, or scrapes half of it off. Other then that they look ok, but I could do with out the red line. I will eventually be cleaning them up and painting them black to match the car when I paint it. That is if I decide not to use other wheels before that happens. I also got the trim off, I wish I could get ahold of the guy that screwed it on, there's holes in my body for no reason! [-X I also found out that I NEED more power! :lol: The 305 does alright, but it bogs down when the car starts to move after the tires stop spinning! :lol: Of course part of that is still the carb Im sure. I have no idea what Im gonna do with that, only carbs I have found are 650+. I could never afford a new one, so it has to be used. Maybe I'll just build another 500, and be done! :roll: I'll be replacing my shocks, and an idler arm tomorrow, I didn't have time to get to it today with all the other curse_sign.gif I had to do. Any way, here's some pix!
100_2282.jpg

100_2283.jpg

ROCK!

Weekend Racer
Nov 10, 2009
Colorado springs, CO
I didn't wanna have to do this, but I guess I have no choice. Any suggestions as to what carb I should run? I have the stock Q-jet on it off an 87 Monte that had a 305. It's in bad shape, and needs at least re built. I want to eliminate the computer controlled crap and stick with the simple stuff. I want to keep it as fuel efficient as possible, and can't seem to find what Im looking for. I was planning on running a 500 or 550 cfm carb, but cant find a used one to save my life. The engine is completely stock, 305, was a TPI, but now has an edelbrock performer, headers, and 2-1/4 exhaust. Only carb I've found relatively reasonable priced is off a ford :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts