Rear disc brake bolt on kits.....

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
bhrevans said:
Tony_SS said:
Get yourself a Summit Kit.. its really an SSBC and its a lot cheaper.. bolt on deal too
Can you get repalcement pads and rotors over the counter for this kit or is it something odd ball?
You have to order the pads thru their company. So you would have to stock up in case they discontinue making that set up. I'm just going to do the 2000-2002 Camaro set up insted. If i have to cut the flange then so be it.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm a fan of using production parts, much less chance of having to change to a new setup down the road.

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Speedway makes a kit also...

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
i just got the bracket from speedway. then used early 80 Camaro slip-on rotors and the caliper off the front of m car. (Wildwood kit on front)

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
seen this on another thread reminded me.
StreetBu said:
Word of caution, dont use the kit that uses the front calipers from our cars on the rear. Brake bias wont be correct for the street and the pedal wont feel right.
This is true. It's the kit I have, and i would't trust my wife driving it. It stop OK, I've never tried to panic stop, but question if it would slide the tires. The pedal does feel real spongy.

Last edited by a moderator:

87SS-ZZ3

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2004
Pantego, NC
gman415 said:
seen this on another thread reminded me.
StreetBu said:
Word of caution, dont use the kit that uses the front calipers from our cars on the rear. Brake bias wont be correct for the street and the pedal wont feel right.
This is true. It's the kit I have, and i would't trust my wife driving it. It stop OK, I've never tried to panic stop, but question if it would slide the tires. The pedal does feel real spongy.

I used the Speedway kit on my last Malibu. It was the one without the parking brakes (used front metric calipers). To make it work, I had to remove the rear line going into the proportioning valve and add an adjustable one. I kept making "panic" stops around the shop until it would lock the rear wheels up. Then I just backed it off some. The pedal was nice and firm and all the other brake parts were stock for 79.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts