residual pressure valve

A

Anonymous

where is the residual pressure valve? i've had some people say it's in the mastercylinder or the proportioning valve, but i need to know which one it is..

anybody here know?? btw, i'm going to rear disc is the reason for the question

A

Anonymous

is there anyway to get rid of it without replacing the valve?

355_79bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2005
Cotter, AR
I have researched this a little more today. Residual pressure valves can either be located in the master or the prop. valve. I would call one of the major brake companies (Baer, Wilwood, or SSBC). I'll bet they can tell you for sure where it is. I even found where some disc/drum setups don't have residual pressure valves. This type of setup will use a valving system in the wheel cylinders to work like a residual valve. :-k :? shrug.gif

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
buhack said:
where is the residual pressure valve? i've had some people say it's in the mastercylinder or the proportioning valve, but i need to know which one it is..

Your car doesn't have a residual valve. Heres a good read: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/master-brake2.htm

I just switched to rear blazer disks on my car. I took out the combo/prop valve and installed a T in the front lines and a wilwood adjustable prop valve in the rear line.

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
:-k shrug.gif

A

Anonymous

dwkohout said:
buhack said:

Your car doesn't have a residual valve. Heres a good read: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/master-brake2.htm

I just switched to rear blazer disks on my car. I took out the combo/prop valve and installed a T in the front lines and a wilwood adjustable prop valve in the rear line.

checked with the dealer on friday, the residual pressure valve is in the proportioning valve according to them. my post on the other site wasn't about you, sorry if you took offence.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts